Storing over 1 trillion objects, Amazon’s S3 is undoubtedly a popular choice among those who are looking to backup large volumes of data to the cloud. S3 stands for Simple Storage Service. It is object storage built to store as well as retrieve any amount of data from anywhere.
Amazon S3 is designed to deliver 99.999999999% durability & stores data for millions of applications used by market leaders. It provides complete security & compliance capabilities that even meet the most strict regulatory requirements. Customers also have the flexibility in the way they manage data for cost optimization, access control, & compliance.
Amazon S3 is the most supported platform with the largest ecosystem.
Basic concepts of Amazon S3
A bucket is a container in S3 where the files are uploaded. For storing a file, you will have to create at least 1 bucket. Files, also knows as objects, are stored in buckets.
The following are a few features of buckets:
- The bucket should be named uniquely as it is shared by all users.
- Buckets can contain logical nested folders as well as subfolders. However, it cannot contain nested buckets.
- You will be able to create a maximum of 100 buckets in a single account.
- The bucket name can contain numbers, letters, dash, periods, as well as the underscore.
- The bucket name should start with a number or letter, as well as it should be between 3 to 25 characters long.
Buckets can be managed via the following:
- REST-style HTTP interface
- SOAP interface
A bucket does not have any size restrictions. It has the ability to store objects of any size.
Main features of Amazon S3:
- Allows website hosting
- Standard interfaces
Why Choose FLYONIT?
The team at FLYONIT can help make sure that you are getting the most out of S3 as well as using it correctly for all of your web hosting as well as file storing or sharing needs. We will also provide 24*7 technical support.