Why WordPress is a better choice than Squarespace?
WordPress is dominating the entire CMS industry since last few years. Started in 2003 as a blogging platform, WordPress has now evolved to be used as full CMS or content management system. With WordPress, one can now build fully functional websites & mobile applications.
One of the best things about WordPress is that it is extremely flexible as well as easy to use. This is the reason why it has become the most popular and widely used Content Management System, with over 59.4% market share.
WordPress is now powering over 26.4% of the entire internet. WordPress websites publish almost 24 posts per second which means 1,481 blog posts per minute, 88,888 in an hour & more than 2.13 million per day. There are over 2.7 million global searches monthly for WordPress. WordPress 4.6 has been downloaded more than 21.7 million times.
Top reasons why WordPress is better than Squarespace
- WordPress offers thousands of plugins. In case of SquareSpace, if you want to add function you will either have to choose from what they’ve already created or you have to wait for what their in house developers create.
- WordPress is free. You will just need to have your own domain name & web hosting provider to use it. SquareSpace, on the other hand, charges you a monthly fee.
- WordPress has numerous ecommerce plugins that can help you easily turn a website into an online store within minutes whereas in case of SquareSpace ecommerce is limited.
- The WordPress community is really amazing. Just Google search for any query related to WP and you will get thousands of results. You can get support for themes, plugins, etc from the developers themselves. SquareSpace, on the other hand, currently has only 285 employees to serve its customers.
- With WordPress, you can have full control of your website.
- You can have access to every single file.
- You will have unlimited opportunity to expand.
- You will have more ability to customize your website design.
- Most importantly, search engines love WordPress sites.
In a nutshell
WordPress is the clear winner when it comes to potential, freedom, control as well as community. And when it comes to blogging, there is literally no comparison. After all, WordPress was originally created for blogging. So if you are thinking to move your website to WP from SquareSpace, you are absolutely in the correct path. You will never have to regret your decision. Once you migrate to WordPress, you will have total control of your site. You will not have to wait for the designer for making simple updates to your website. Most importantly, WordPress sites are loved by Google.