Hiring for Accountant with an immediate start!
This position will maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; and perform general bookkeeping. The Staff Accountant with knowledge of GST, invoicing, payroll and superannuation required. The Executive needs to have the basic accounts knowledge of Australia and as well as India also.
Preparing balance sheets, profit & loss statements and other financial reports, communicating with third parties, such as companies, customers . Coordinate with management regarding the costs and revenues analysis.
Daily/Weekly Accounting Activities
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs, company policies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed general ledger accounting records.
- Manages the recording of cash receipts, revenue, and receivables in the accounting system.
- Reviews general ledger accounts and prepares adjusting journal entries.
- Reviews the daily cash reconciliation and assists with cash balance maintenance.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts and prepares intercompany analysis for all entities.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Research and gather information for financial reporting.
Monthly Accounting Activities
- Responsible for the month-end close, including preparation and review of journal entries, accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions.
- Prepares and provides accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Reconciles subsidiary ledger to general ledger and prepares adjustments.
- Assist with Statutory reporting (BAS / FBT).
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing monthly management reports and month end journals.
- Manage full function accounts receivable.
- Provide assistance to, and support, accounts payable and payroll.
- Control over Fixed Asset Register, including accounting transaction recording relating to movements and depreciation.
- Assist with maintaining the inventory register.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget processes.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statement and intercompany, general ledger accounts.
- Handling of GST,Tax, TDS returns, Income Tax related activities.
Assists with an audit(s) as required for the position.
Utilizes accounting system, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Identifies and proposes solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
Education/Experience Requirements:Must be from IT industry. Bachelors degree preferred. A minimum of 4 years of Accounting/Finance experience required. Basic accounting knowledge of Australia.
Computerized Accounting Experience, Excel and PC proficiency, and reporting skills.
Perks & Benefits:
- Permanent role
- Competitive salary package
- 5 days in a week
- Fixed day shift
- Good international exposure & career growth