Case study – Telstra Calling for Office 365 for School with multiple campuses
Microsoft’s Cloud PBX solution, corporate communication platforms integrate services for voice, PSTN calling, video conferencing, chat and PBX under one platform.
School’s fragmented hybrid communication infrastructure was a result of the changing landscape. The company used local PABX telephony and proprietary non-IP based desk phones because their system didn’t support this capability at the time of adoption.
By moving to Skype Cloud PBX with Telstra Calling for Office 365 (TCO365), the team consolidated all communication systems and significantly reduced communication costs.
School’s IT department was charged with overseeing support infrastructure services for 100 employees across 2 campuses. As part of their due diligence, the school’s communication infrastructure was audited, which consisted of:
- On-premises PABX for telephony across their 2 campuses
- Local twisted copper wire-based phone system
- 2 campuses with PSTN
- VOIP based phone service provider
After auditing the infrastructure and potential solutions, the following challenges were identified:
Overspending on communication: School was wasting each month on disparate and aging communication systems.
Missing functionality: The school was also missing key functionalities like extension dialling. To reach someone a few offices away, employees had to dial full telephone numbers.
The school knew, they were overspending on voice solutions. Upgrading to Office 365 A5 licenses with Telstra Calling for Office 365, would give the school access to Skype Cloud PBX services and eliminate the need for separate telephony, PSTN and video conferencing solutions.
Being a school, Microsoft provides a special Academic pricing, upgrading to Skype Cloud PBX would drastically lower the company’s communication and support bills while consolidating all communication on a single platform.
However, moving the company’s complex hybrid voice environment was a challenge for the school’s IT team. And to make matters worse, the team needed the solution implemented before the transition to new administration building.
With split locations and a strict timeline, the school looked into hiring an outsourced cloud services provider because the IT staff didn’t have expertise to handle the project in a timely fashion. They needed a cloud services partner with rich experience in hybrid voice solutions to guarantee the migration got done correctly and on time.
Working with FLYONIT – Microsoft Authorised Education Partner, the team identified the following project goals:
- Plan the migration to ensure business continuity. FLYONIT accomplished this by migrating each campus separately.
- Seamlessly migrate from onsite system to Skype for Business.
- Complete the project within the time frame to coincide with the relocation to new administration building.
- Port over DIDs and coordinate with exchange carriers so that school could maintain the same phone numbers.
- Mentor the migration team every step of the way, from planning to client computer configuration, post-migration support and training.
Working with FLYONIT, school migrated to Skype Cloud PBX within the timeline and with no disruption to users. FLYONIT outlined the technical requirements and team regularly until all accounts were migrated and users successfully transitioned to the new platform.
Now, Skype Cloud PBX has solved many of the communication and support challenges faced in the past. For instance, the company has gained:
- Familiar tools and tight integration with existing infrastructure.
- Consolidating voice under Skype, the school now has one central point of contact for support.
- Voice, conferencing and scheduling features – under one solution.
- New reporting functionalities: Advanced Skype reporting
Contact us today to know how FLYONIT’s Office 365 hybrid migration services can transform your business.