4 Reasons Why Social Media is So Important For Your Business in 2017
In today’s age, the importance of marketing your business on social media platforms can no longer be ignored. A recent report by Social Media Examiner found that almost 92 percent of marketers believe social media was highly important to their business.
Social media has completely revolutionized brand-customer interactions. Today everyone is connected through different social media sites, & customers are now depending on social media platforms as a primary means to communicate with brands. Building a strong social media presence is also important for improving your Google search results.
Now have a look at some of the interesting social media marketing statistics and facts
- Generally social media pages rank better than websites in Search Engine results
- Two-third of adults in the US gets their news from Social Media.
- Around 90 percent of Twitter users rely on the network for breaking news.
- People are now using social media platforms to watch TV, connect with friends & family, research purchases, as well as shop.
- Facebook users watch around 100 million hours of video on Facebook.
- Over 74 percent of consumers rely on social media platforms for getting more information or reviews about the products or services they want to buy.
- Over 50 percent of consumers made a purchase based on a recommendation made on social media platforms.
- Instagram is now the new magazine with around 100 million photos posted per day with billions of views.
- Around 71 percent of consumers have an improved perception of brands when they find good reviews on Social Media.
- Around 41 percent of consumers spending just 2 hours or even less on Social media made at least $500 in purchases in the last 12 months.
Know why social media marketing is so important for your business in 2017
You will get to know more about your audience
Social media sites can help you learn more about your customers. Apart from getting information from interacting with your followers, you can also get good deal of information from analytics.
Facebook insights will let you know exactly at what time your audience stay active. You can also know the age, gender as well as location of people who liked your Facebook page.
Social media can help you increase your brand’s exposure
If you want people to be aware of your business, it is highly important for you to have a strong social presence as well as be engaging constantly. Social media platforms help to demonstrate not only that your business exist but also that your business is functional as well as responsive with current & interesting things. A re-tweet or share from your followers can completely change the way the message is delivered. This will help you increase your brand’s exposure as it amplifies your message, exposing you to more people.
Social media platforms can help you increase traffic to your website
Increasing website traffic is one of the greatest challenges for a digital marketer in today’s highly competitive marketplace. The benefit of using social media platforms is that it can help you direct people straight to your site.
Social Media is an effective avenue for contact & feedback
Social media is a fantastic avenue for contact as well as feedback. It not only makes it easier for you to understand your customers’ experiences as well as respond to their concern in the shortest time possible but also makes it possible for you to understand how your business is perceived.
In a nutshell
Simply having a website is not enough in today’s competitive world. It is also important to let people know that you exist. For that, it is highly important for your business to be active in social media. Social media can help you improve your visibility, bring traffic to your website as well as build better relationship with your existing as well as potential customers.
So if you have still not jumped on the social media bandwagon, you are missing out on big opportunities. If you want to take your business to a new level, it is highly important for you to have a strong social presence.