16 interesting social media marketing statistics that you should know
In the current era, if your business has still not jumped on the social media bandwagon, it might be missing big oppotunities. Today, social media is considered as one of the most important marketing tools that can help your business grow dramatically. Maximum businesses are already using social media marketing in order to drive traffic to their sites. It is considered as one of the most cost-effective marketing methods that helps businesses increase their business’ visibility. It has been seen that businesses that engage on social media platforms enjoy higher loyalty from their customers.
Check how social media marketing can help your small business:
- Social media marketing helps to increase brand recognition
- It results in higher conversion rates
- It improves brand loyalty
- It helps improve search engine ranking
- It helps increase website traffic
- It helps enrich relationships with customers
Here are some interesting social media marketing statistics that every marketers must know:
- Around 95 percent online adults aged 18-34 follow a brand via social networking.
- Around 71 percent of consumers who have had a great social media service experience with a particular brand are likely to recommend it to others.
- More than 50 million businesses use Facebook Business Pages.
- Around 90 percent of marketers believe that social media platforms are important to their businesses.
- Around 63 percent of marketers use social media platforms for 6 hours or more as well as nearly 39 percent marketers are using social media for 11 or more hours weekly.
- Around 90 percent of marketers claim that their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, as well as 75 percent say they have increased traffic.
- Over 50 percent of marketers who have been implementing social media marketing tactics for around 2 years have reported improved sales.
- Around 64 percent of brands follow other brands on social media.
- Nearly 2 million business use Facebook for advertising.
- Nearly 32 percent of Facebook users engage with brands regularly.
- In the year 2015, Facebook influenced around 52% of consumers’ online as well as offline purchases, which up from 36 per cent in 2014.
- In Facebook, there are over 40 million active small business pages & over 4 million of those businesses pay for social media advertising on Facebook.
- The best time for Facebook posting is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Other times include 12:00–1:00 p.m. on Saturdays & Sundays as well as 1:00–4:00 p.m. on Thursdays & Fridays.
- Instagram has become a very powerful platform for marketers.Top brands on Instagram have seen a per-follower engagement rate of around 4.21 percent which is 58 times higher than on Facebook as well as 120 times higher than on Twitter.
- Video marketing has also become a powerful tool that personalizes your brand as well as increases conversions. There were more than 4.4 million videos uploaded directly to Facebook in the year 2016, generating more than 199 billion views.
- Today, customers are increasingly turning to social media platforms in order to unleash their frustration and it has been seen that around 78 percent of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response from them within an hour.
Social media has a treasure trove of advantages that can help you grow your business. So don’t ignore social media marketing in your marketing plan. If you do so, you would be missing big oppotunities. Social media marketing is an absolute MUST if you want to take your business to a next level.